Caroline’s parcel with Daniel Smith watercolor paints
A week and a half ago Caroline’s lovely package arrived…she’d filled up seven vials with lots and lots of gorgeous paint and had even added a full tube and half a watercolor stick to try…and then I’m not even mentioning the wonderful waterproof drawing inks…couldn’t wait to try the paint in a Color-My-Page Art Journal Challenge?
Vote for the Art Journal Challenge
With these lovelies in hands I felt it’s time for another Color-My-Page challenge, don’t you? Below you will find the poll with the colors in Caroline’s collection. You can vote for 5 and the top three will be used in a live painting and review video on YouTube. (And yes, I know…the #2 Qor challenge video has yet to be made…I will do two one after another 🙂 The insetting slumber of fall grabbed me and drew me into a cocoon in the pauses between the fall-break-company and demands of my kids and hubs)
Daniel Smith watercolor mixing color chart
Below you will find a color-mixing chart that I made of the nine colors Caronline sent me. You can take the lovely mixing colors in mind for your vote!
Vote for your favorite colors!
You can vote for the colors right below until 5 November. But make sure to visit the Color-My-Page facebook group to join the challenge!
- Moonglow 17%, 28 votes28 votes 17%28 votes - 17% of all votes
- Quinacridone Coral 16%, 26 votes26 votes 16%26 votes - 16% of all votes
- Quinacridone Gold 16%, 26 votes26 votes 16%26 votes - 16% of all votes
- Indanthrone 10%, 16 votes16 votes 10%16 votes - 10% of all votes
- Serpentine Genuine 10%, 16 votes16 votes 10%16 votes - 10% of all votes
- Anthraquinoid Red 9%, 15 votes15 votes 9%15 votes - 9% of all votes
- Phtalo Blue Green Shade 9%, 14 votes14 votes 9%14 votes - 9% of all votes
- Indian Yellow 8%, 13 votes13 votes 8%13 votes - 8% of all votes
- Hooker's Green 6%, 9 votes9 votes 6%9 votes - 6% of all votes
More Daniel Smith watercolor paint videos by my hand
A little while ago, I did four Daniel Smith videos after I’d received a Daniel Smith dot sampler color chart to review. You can find the Yellows and Reds here, the Blues and Greens here, the Browns and earth tones here and the Blacks, whites and effect paints here.