Another generous offer
A few weeks back I received a message from Gina offering me a wonderful set of Daniel Smith watercolor sticks to try for a demo video and look what she’s sent me! An amazing set of Daniel Smith watercolor sticks for another amazing art challenge plus some more gorgeous art supplies I can’t wait to try. But first, this Color-My-Page art challenge that you can take part in too if you like. And this week there is an Art Giveaway. More info in this post!
Smart thinking: from sticks to pans
Gina wrote how she loved the Daniel Smith watercolor sticks. They seem a bit cheaper than the tubes and also, she figured out that if you cut the sticks into chunks, you can fill pans with it and thus create your own paint box. This way she makes these sticks incredibly versatile! I’m not an easy one to convince to buy crayons or paint sticks because it’s so different to the way I normally work. But Gina came up with a wonderful application that made these sticks very interesting to me! I tried a green one that I got from Caroline in the last Color-My-Page art challenge and was pleasantly surprised by the intensity of the paint and how easily a wet brush picks up paint from it! The fact that Gina put them into these pans makes them so much easier to work with when working with a lot of colors at the same time. So my fingers are itching to go!
So…now vote my colors and win the demo painting!!!
Right below you will find the color chart and the poll where you can vote for your 5 favorite colors. The top 3 will be used for the Color-my-Page demo video. If you would like to take part in the giveaway of the original demo painting, then please leave a comment below this blog post so that I can contact you should your name pop up…♥
- Bloodstone Genuine (oh my, what a pretty color...no...nope...not influencing you guys at all...neh-eh... 😉 ) 14%, 51 vote51 vote 14%51 vote - 14% of all votes
- NIckel Azo Yellow (please, choose this one...please...not trying to influence the poll....not at all.... 😉 ) 10%, 37 votes37 votes 10%37 votes - 10% of all votes
- Undersea Green 9%, 32 votes32 votes 9%32 votes - 9% of all votes
- Quinacrione Coral 8%, 28 votes28 votes 8%28 votes - 8% of all votes
- Quinacridone Violet 7%, 27 votes27 votes 7%27 votes - 7% of all votes
- Phtalo Turquoise 7%, 26 votes26 votes 7%26 votes - 7% of all votes
- Quinacridone Gold 6%, 23 votes23 votes 6%23 votes - 6% of all votes
- Piemontite Genuine 4%, 16 votes16 votes 4%16 votes - 4% of all votes
- Sodalite 4%, 15 votes15 votes 4%15 votes - 4% of all votes
- Indanthrone 4%, 14 votes14 votes 4%14 votes - 4% of all votes
- Buff Titanium 3%, 12 votes12 votes 3%12 votes - 3% of all votes
- Quinacridone Burnt Orange 3%, 12 votes12 votes 3%12 votes - 3% of all votes
- Blue Apatite 3%, 11 votes11 votes 3%11 votes - 3% of all votes
- Hansa Yellow Deep 2%, 9 votes9 votes 2%9 votes - 2% of all votes
- Quinacridone Red 2%, 7 votes7 votes 2%7 votes - 2% of all votes
- French Ultramarine 2%, 7 votes7 votes 2%7 votes - 2% of all votes
- Ben heel benieuwd en loot graag mee voor de watercolor sticks* 1%, 5 votes5 votes 1%5 votes - 1% of all votes
- Quinacridone Scarlet 1%, 5 votes5 votes 1%5 votes - 1% of all votes
- Lunar Black 1%, 5 votes5 votes 1%5 votes - 1% of all votes
- Crimson 1%, 5 votes5 votes 1%5 votes - 1% of all votes
- New Gamboge 1%, 4 votes4 votes 1%4 votes - 1% of all votes
- Phtalo Blue Red Shade 1%, 4 votes4 votes 1%4 votes - 1% of all votes
- Aureolin 1%, 3 votes3 votes 1%3 votes - 1% of all votes
- Burnt Sienna 1%, 3 votes3 votes 1%3 votes - 1% of all votes
- Phtalo Blue Green Shade 1%, 3 votes3 votes 1%3 votes - 1% of all votes
- Burnt Yellow Ochre 1%, 2 votes2 votes 1%2 votes - 1% of all votes
- Hansa Yellow Light 1%, 2 votes2 votes 1%2 votes - 1% of all votes
- Permanent Red 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
- Hansa Yellow Medium 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
- Raw Sienna 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
- Yellow Ochre 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
Watercolor Workshops ahead and 20% discount on LifeBook 2017!
Before the end of this year I will launch a lovely watercolor workshop. So keep an eye on my blog or sign up for my newsletter so you’re sure not to miss out on the opening sale! I’m also a guest teacher in Life Book 2017 for which I’m doing an adventurous watercolor workshop! There is now a 20% discount to be had by using the coupon code FIREWORKS2017 before 14 January 2017 at checkout. See you there?
More Daniel Smith watercolor paint videos by my hand
A little while ago, I did four Daniel Smith videos after I’d received a Daniel Smith dot sampler color chart to review. You can find the Yellows and Reds here, the Blues and Greens here, the Browns and earth tones here and the Blacks, whites and effect paints here.